|Little Known Facts|
Today in this vital message is something your best friends won't tell you because they don't know. Others are doing their best to continue this toxic chemical cover up.
Every day you and your family dowse themselves in harmful corrosive chemicals found in brake fluid, industrial degreasers and anti-freeze! Why? because soaps, shampoos, conditioners, bubble bath and cosmetics all contain these dangerous chemicals.
True! make the discovery yourself. Read on.What's all the fuss about?
There are 2,983 chemicals used in personal care and cosmetic products, these were analysed by the National Institute Of Occupational Safety & Health (Niosh-USA). The results are as follows:-
884 of these ingredients were found to be toxic, of these:-
- 314 can cause biological mutation.
- 218 can cause reproductive complications.
- 778 can cause acute toxicity.
- 146 can cause tumours.
- 376 can cause skin and eye irritations.
Just 2 ingredients will be considered in this leaflet.
1. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: (SLS): Used in most shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes, body wash, bubble bath, skin care, and shaving cream, also in Concrete Floor Cleaners, Engine Degreasers and Car Wash Detergents, but why in both personal care products for our bodies and industrial products for equipment?
SLS is used in personal care products because of it's low cost and ability to make lots of foam. There are hundreds of scientific studies advising the toxicity and corrosive nature of SLS.
Repeated reference is made to the following concerns.
- Readily penetrates the skin.
- SLS can accumulate in our body tissue and can contaminate the eyes, brain, liver, and kidneys.
- The immune system can be damaged and skin layer separation and eye irritation is possible. Long term use can cause hair loss due to hair follicle corrosion.
- Healing could be retarded and children's eye development retarded particularly under the age of six.
- Cataracts may develop even with indirect contact.
- SLS in toothpaste causes microscopic damage to mouth tissue and can promote an increase in gum disease. It is also linked to recurrence of mouth ulcers.
- Carcinogenic nitrates can form in the bottle when SLS interacts with nitrogen bearing agents common in personal care products.
- SLS is actually used in clinical studies to irritate the skin tissue.
How do you feel now about taking a shampoo in engine degreaser.
2. Propylene Glycol: Used in many personal care and cosmetic products.
- Is absorbed into the skin and scalp and accumulates in the heart, liver and kidneys causing damage and weakening the immune system.
- Studies show Propylene Glycol is capable of creating skin reactions allergic sensitivities including dermatitis, rashes and dry skin.
- Low levels of concentration can cause reactions and skin irritation.
- Material Safety Data Sheet warns to avoid contact with the skin.
Propylene Glycol is a major ingredient in industrial anti freeze, brake and hydraulic fluid and it's also in personal care products and we put it on our face. Why? because we didn't know the truth until now.
There are products free from these toxic chemical. Other interesting books, video and audio tapes are available on loan.
Phone for further information and your local supplier.
Do it for the health of your family and you!
Other Toxic Nasties to avoided in your bathroom.
Alcohol: Mouth wash deadly cocktail ingredient 25% or more increases risk of mouth, throat and tongue cancer.
Aluminium: An antiperspirant nasty. Watch out for this one and avoid. Links to Alzheimer's disease continue to be raised. Identification as a neurotoxin indicates interference with chemical reactions in the brain.
DEA, TEA, MEA: Can be absorbed and will accumulate in organs, causes skin and eye irritation. When combined with other chemicals can form nitrosamines which can be potentially carcinogenic.
Formaldehyde: A preservative for many cosmetics. Is known to cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, coughing, asthma attacks, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, nose bleeds, headaches and dizziness.
Talc: Is linked with an increase in ovarian cancer, respiratory problems and should never be used on babies due to carcinogenic potential and acute respiratory dangers.
Toluene: Solvent common in nail enamels, hair spray, hair gel, perfumes and fragrances. It stimulates asthma attacks, can cause nervous system irregularities and can cause liver damage and can be an endocrine disrupter.
Copyright ©, Jeff & Joan Hocking, Strong Chain.
Feel free to contact Strong Chain for any additional information. Thank you.